IBProvider - OLE DB Firebird driver and Interbase provider
Driver supports 18 Firebird and Interbase server versions:
Connect to Firebird SQL Server
- Firebird 0.9.4
- Firebird 1.0 (1.0.3)
- Firebird 1.5 (1.5.3, 1.5.4, 1.5.5)
- Firebird 2.0 (2.0.1 - 2.0.x)
- Firebird 2.1
- Firebird 2.5
- Firebird 3.0
- Firebird 64 bits
Connect to Interbase SQL Server
- Interbase 4 (4.2)
- Interbase 5 (5.5, 5.6)
- Interbase 6 (6.0.1, 6.5)
- Interbase 7 (7.0, 7.1, 7.5.1)
- Interbase 2007
- Interbase 2009
- Interbase XE (2010)
- Interbase XE3 (2012)
- Interbase 64 bits
Moreover, IBProvider supports Yaffil SQL Server work.
1. Upgrade to the new versions of Firebird/Interbase will be much more simple.
If you use IBProvider for connecting to Firebird and Interbase, the upgrade to other database server versions as well as the switching between servers will be much easier then in case of using other components.
IBProvider makes automatic setup of its own core to the specific SQL server that includes the following steps:
- Defining list of key words, reserved by SQL server.
- Loading metadata provider.
- Setup of ODBC Escape Sequences parser.
- Choice of embedded transactions algorithm and supported dialect.
- Connection of algorithms, optimized for concrete database server version.
You only need to write the queries, IBProver will make all the additional work:
- Request the information about metadata from SQL server.
- Specify the command parameters, their type, precision and size.
- Make the correct values transformation to the specified data type.
- Upload the data to the own swap-file if their size will exceed the required value in RW memory.
- Process Unicode rows in ordinary columns, arrays, BLOB-fields as well as storage-objects correctly
In IBProvider we try to take into account all the nuances of Interbase и Firebird API implementation, covering them with standard OLE DB interfaces. It helps working with Firebird and Interbase, usage of client libraries OLE DB, ADO, dbGo (ADO Express), ADO .Net, as well as some others.
2. A wide selection of development tools for interaction with Firebird and Interbase.
OLE DB providers technology is supported by practically all the modern development tools. Among them:
- Report builders: Crystal reports, Fast Reports, Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Analysis and OLAP tools (Analysis services (SSAS)).
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visual Basic For applications (VBA)).
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Linked Server and Business Intelligence.
You may use IBProvider and ADO.Net for connection to Firebird and Interbase in Visual Studio 2008-2013, develop modern applications on C#, Visual Basic .Net and other languages.
In ADO.Net Library there is a large set of components for the work with data: DataGrid, DataView, TableAdapter, OLE DB components, built-in masters and utilities (Server Explorer, Data connection wizard, DataSet designer) and other tools.
Client library on C++ for OLE DB
It enables to develop the applications on C++ in Visual Studio 2003-2013 and in С++ Builder. IBProvider is spread free of charge as the part of distributive.
Delphi and C++ Builder
The access to Interbase and Firebird from Delphi or from C++ Builder you may choose among the following variants::
- Interact with ADO via COM interfaces.
- Use dbGo (ADO Express) components.
Moreover, for C++ Builder you may use C++ library from IBProvider distributive free of charge.
MS SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence
IBProvider enables working with Interbase and Firebird not only via the MS SQL Linked Server but also as the component of Business Intelligence tools:
3. Possibility to work with 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
IBProvider Professional exists in 2 editions:
- IBProvider Professional Edition for 32 bits - a standard version allowing to create 32 bits applications.
- IBProvider Professional Edition for 64/32 bits - a component package allowing to develop 32 bits as well as 64 bits applications.
4. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, all you need for work is already available!
Valuable transactions support
- Embedded transactions.
- Distributed transactions, two-phase commit, MS DTC transactions coordinator support.
- Transaction retain (Commit Retain/Rollback Retain).
- Transactions auto commit mode.
- All the isolation levels: read committed, snapshot, Snapshot Table Stability.
- Named Savepoints.
Work with commands parameters
- Named and positional parameters support.
- Automatic specifying of parameters descriptions, data sizes, precision and types.
- Direction Support - In/Out parameters.
- Support of all the Interbase and Firebird data types, including arrays and BLOB-fields.
- Support of special types like BOOLEAN in Interbase 7, Interbase 2007, Interbase 2009
- Emulation for BOOLEAN and GUID types in Firebird and in Interbase before Interbase 7.
- Implementation of the wide OLE DB Types range.
- Built-in types converter (client errors protection).
SQL queries parser
- Support of SQL-scripts
- Special support of DML for Firebird 2.0, Firebird 2.1 (MERGE, UPDATE OR INSERT, RETURNING, EXECUTE BLOCK, etc).
- ODBC Escape Sequences parser.
- DDL queries support (CREATE/ALTER/DROP).
- Connection pool support.
- Query pool support.
- Updatable Rowsets and Bookmarks support.
- Work with multithreaded applications.
- new!Asynchronous rowset loading, which can give up to 30% to speed of data processing.
- Client and server cursors support.
- Support of 49 Firebird and Interbase code pages, including UNICODE, UTF8 and binary OCTETS.
- Multilingual support and built-in connection wizard - Microsoft Data Link.
5. Saving of application development time.
IBProvider is a big choice of development tools and support of all the Interbase and Firebird servers. Don't waste your time studying the low-level Firebird and Interbase API. Don't learn the components that limit you in choosing the development tool, download IBProvider.
You can find the answers to the majority of questions in the detailed documentation chapter and on forum.