The professional developer kit for InterBase and Firebird allows create a powerful software using different environments on any programming languages which have support for the OLE DB, ADO or ADO.NET technology. Providers may be used for Linked Server access to Firebird and InterBase DBMS from Microsoft SQL Server, in Business Intelligence services (Integraion, Reporting and Analysis), in Microsoft Office automation, in Visual Studio and in other developer environments.
IBProvider Professional Edition contains:
- Two OLE DB providers:
- IBProvider 32/64 bits;
- IBProvider 32/64 bits [Lite Edition];
The client library for Visual Studio 2005-2017 (Standard C++, STL):
- directly cooperating with OLE DB interface classes;
- a set of useful service classes;
- Sample code:
- IBProvider sample code
- database access via client library examples for VS 2005-2017;
- test case projects used in the IBProvider test process;
- project files for Visual Studio;
IBProvider Professional Edition supports 19 versions of database servers:
- All versions of Firebird, including Firebird 3.0.
- All versions of InterBase, including InterBase XE7.
Note: The trial period from 14 till 30 days!
This package includes the ADO.NET data provider with DDEX provider for work with Firebird DBMS and InterBase DBMS through IBProvider.
Target platforms: .NET Framework 3.5/4.0/4.5/4.5.1/4.6/4.6.2, Windows 32/64bits.
Supported versions of Visual Studio: 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017.
Short list of functionality:
- Pool of connections
- Nested transactions
- Multiple transactions within one connection
- TransactionScope support
- Automatic formation of parameter descriptions
- IN, OUT and IN-OUT parameters
- Named and unnamed parameters in queries
- Execution of scripts with parameters
- Support of OLE DB schemas and ADO.NET metadata collections
- Support of all types of the IB/FB data
- Support of work with blobs through streams
- Support of databases with the first and the third dialects
Please read manual about using our .Net OLE DB Provider with Firebird and InterBase in this guide.
Also you can found many examples in the documentation.