Release of ADO.NET provider for OLE DB engines!
We are pleased to announce the release of our ADO.NET provider and we want you to rethink the word «freedom».
Freedom in choosing access technology
Our .NET provider doesn’t force you to use ADO.NET as the exclusive access technology in application. You can use ADODB and work with OLE DB provider directly. Simultaneously!
Freedom in choosing programming language
You can use any .NET programming language and any programming language that supports COM or ActiveX. All at once!
Freedom from problems
Don’t spend your time searching for potential problems in our solutions. We have developed an enormous number of automated tests with which we killed a couple hard disk kits and burned a lot of electricity. All this was done so you and we be sure of the quality!
Don’t be afraid to be «left out» and face additional problems in a few years. We have been addressing the issues of FB and IB interaction for already 15 years regularly producing updates. We love our job. And we have a lot of new ideas that we very much want to implement!
ADO.NET provider fundamentals
- Integration with ADODB and OLE DB infrastructure (examples 21 and 22)
- Full compatibility with System.Data.OleDb
- Availability of DDEX provider
- Support of all versions of Firebird and InterBase including Firebird v3
- 100% support of all types of Firebird, InterBase and OLE DB data
- Target platforms: .NET FW 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1
- Unified support of 32bit и 64bit
- Full support of parameter queries
- Support of multithreaded applications
- Distribution in the form of MSI and EXE installers and NUGET packages
- Total automated testing
- 100% readiness for use in industrial software
- 100% satisfaction with architecture and coding quality
- There will be no second version, only local improvements and functionality expansion
ADO.NET provider project statistics
- Total development time from research to release: 4 years (~1.4K days)
- Source code of the ADO.NET provider: 5MB, 40.8K of lines, 9.2K of asserts
- Source code of the DDEX provider: 1.2MB, 9.8K of lines
- Source code of the instrumental library (lcpi.lib): 1.3MB, 11.4K of lines
- Test system of the provider: 7.5MB of code, 5.8K of tests
- Total volume of the installers source code (Wix, C++): 0.9MB
With the .NET provider presented, we tried to resolve all the issues reported to us by our users.
We have perfected the ADO.NET technology itself.
And we tried very much to avoid creating a «project» that is easier to rewrite from scratch than to correct.
We have created a finished product in a literal sense. And we are very proud that we have managed to create it!