Publish date: 2007-09-13
Support of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio
The following features were implemented:
- Parsing queries, which contain names with square brackets. For example:
«select [column1] as c1, [column2] from [table_name]»
Firebird and InterBase not allowing square brackets for names (only for array indexes), but SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence using them by default. That’s why we are implemented this feature in the IBProvider. For enabling processing square brackets you must set support_square_delim_name property in the connection string. By default processing will not be performed.
IBProvider support 2 processing modes. When sql-parser will find square brackets in sql query:
- it will replace them with the double quotation marks [support_square_delim_name = 1];
- there are 2 ways: if name in square brackets placed after reserved keyword, brackets will be replaced with double quotation marks, otherwise IBProvider assume what name in square brackets is array index and it will be kept [support_square_delim_name = 2] (only in IBProvider v3);
- ICommand::Cancel behavior was revised according to OLE DB documentaion. Now provider check active command. This is fix the problem with «Can’t cancel query» message in the SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence.
You can use Firebird or InterBase database in the SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio only with IBProvider Professional Edition:
- IBProvider v1 (184.108.40.2060) (read only mode)
- IBProvider v2 (220.127.116.110) (read/write mode)
- IBProvider v3 (18.104.22.16887) (read only mode)
Change notes for all editions:
IBProvider v3 [build 2887]
- Reserved words are defined for concrete server type and major version (IB/FB/Ya). In OLE DB they can be retrived through the IDBInfo::GetKeywords function and in ADO — through the adSchemaDBInfoKeywords schema.
- [bug fixed] Parser was ignore database dialect when it was convert query «table_name» to «select * from table_name».
- [bug fixed] Incorrect parsing of names with double quotation marks, for example: «select * from «table_name»»».
- Nested transactions now fully supported for InterBase DBMS.
- keywords_list Initialization property was added.
- IB Release Savepoint After Rollback property was removed.
- IB Savepoint Support information property was added.
- New information properties for checking client library were added:
IBProvider 22.214.171.1240/126.96.36.1990. Release.
- New ODBC functions for OBDC sequences are implemented: BIT_LENGTH, LCASE, CHAR_LENGTH, CHARACTER_LENGTH, OCTET_LENGTH, CONCAT, LTRIM, RTRIM, SUBSTRING, LEFT, LENGTH, RIGHT, IFNULL.
- [bug fixed] CAST to SMALLINT was added for the following ODBC functions: DAYOFWEEK, DAYOFYEAR, QUARTER, WEEK. This is required for stable work in the ADO library.
- [bug fixed] ignore_err_param property wasn’t available in the IDBProperies collection.
Publish date: 2007-09-13. Copyright: IBProvider. This material may be reproduced on other web sites, without written permission but linkrequired.