Publish date: 2013-11-20
Release candidate of .Net Provider for OleDb
We are pleased to announce the release candidate of our .NET Provider for OleDb.
Now you can use 200% of the ADO.Net power in your projects for Firebird and InterBase:
- Read sets via OleDbDataReader and change them simultaneously (MARS technology).
- Use nested transactions, savepoints and distributed transactions within the TransactionScope.
- Execute several select, update and insert queries with parameters(!) within only one command OleDbCommand.
- Work with absolutely all types of data, including arrays and even InterBase Guid.
- And yes, now after you have set the command text you don’t need to manually add parameters to the query. Everything is done automatically and on the fly.
Moreover, with the new combination of LCPI ADO .Net Provider + IBProvider of the new generation, you also receive:
- Support of .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5.
- Support of 32-bit and 64-bit programs without any efforts on your part.
- Multithreaded applications (without additional cost as well).
To use this potential on everyday basis, simply install the new kit right now.
Detailed list of the currently implemented components:
- Pool of connections
- Metadata schemes
- Nested transactions
- TransactionScope support
- Automatic formation of parameter descriptions
- IN, OUT and IN-OUT parameters
- Named and unnamed parameters in queries
- Execution of scripts with parameters
- Support of all types of the IB/FB data
- Support of stream reading of blobs
- Support of databases with the first and the third dialects
- Support of .NET 3.5/4.0/4.5
- Unified support of 32-bit and 64-bit programs
- Support of multithreaded applications
- Reliable management of resources
- Aggressive management of the .NET component lifetime
- Localization of error messages
- Advanced installer
- Installation to GAC
- Registration in machine.config
- Total code testing
P.S. On our site you will find many new examples that reveal the potential of working with Firebird and InterBase in .Net Framework as much as possible. Take a look at this code and use it in your projects.
Publish date: 2013-11-20. Copyright: IBProvider. This material may be reproduced on other web sites, without written permission but link https://www.ibprovider.com/eng required.